Dear Good Lunchers,
The sandwich takes many different forms. So it’s unfair to categorize anything between two slices of bread as the same – because it could come from a gas station, or a gourmet sandwich shop. With that necessary disclaimer to set apart the bad from the really excellent, we are proud to announce the award-winning, show stopping Ike’s Place – sandwich shop extraordinaire – as Good Lunch‘s newest restaurant addition.
Ike’s Place opened in 2007 and in its short 5-year existence has received Best of the Bay and San Francisco awards year after year and notable claim from shows such as Man v. Food that voted Ike’s sandwiches as the best in San Francisco, if not the entire Bay Area.
Ike’s original and scrumptious sandwiches boast unforgettable names as well as unforgettable flavor. Every sandwich comes with Ike’s secret concoction of “dirty sauce” baked into the bread. Every sandwich also comes with choice of bread: Dutch crunch (their signature bread), sourdough, gluten free, white and wheat. With that said, let us paint you a picture; crusty yet soft bread, juicy meats (unless you’re a veggie and it’s juicy veggies), and then throw on your favorite fixing: mozzarella sticks, jalapeno peppers OR poppers, avocado, pesto OR other fab sauces, ANY cheese you can dream of and MORE – we’re getting too excited, besides, we know you don’t have all day. Check out these remarkable sandwiches that will make you salivate:
- Menage A Trois – halal chicken, real honey, honey mustard, bbq, pepper jack, swiss, cheddar
- Tony Soprano – ham, turkey, salami, Italian dressing, provolone
- Lincecum – ham, turkey, bacon, avocado, Havarti
- Lex Luthor – chicken fried chicken, chicken fried steak, French dressing, mozzarella sticks, American, thinly sliced rib eye (OMG!)
For the vegetarians there are a myriad of tantalizing offerings as well:
- Vegan Strawberry Girl – cucumber, lettuce, tomato, Asian sesame dressing, soy cheese
- Meatless Mike – vegan meatballs, marinara, pepper jack
- Vegan Mobile Mamma – vegan breaded chicken, frank’s red hot, soy cheese
The list goes on and on and on, and we don’t want to make you drench your desk with your salivation, so we’ll stop there. Ike’s creative sandwiches give the word, “sandwich” a new definition. You’ll take it upon yourself to come up with a new name for these extraordinary, delectable creations referred to as Ike’s Place sandwiches after you’ve had your first bite.
So, do yourself and everyone else around you a favor and order from Ike’s Place for your next meeting or event. You will be SO happy you did! Log on to Good Lunch, or, as always, call us and we’ll take care of everything for you!