Dear Good Lunchers,
St. Patrick’s Day is next Saturday, March 17th and Good Lunch knows exactly what your office needs on the Friday before St. Patrick’s Day; some hearty, celebratory food that will prepare everyone’s spirits (and stomachs) for an Irish party!
The beauty of St. Patrick’s Day is you don’t have to be Irish in order to celebrate. St Paddy’s Day, as it’s affectionately referred to, is an international cultural and religious holiday that commemorates the death of Saint Patrick, the Patron Saint of Ireland. Typically this holiday is celebrated by drunken debauchery via loads of green beer and Irish whisky, along with heaps of tasty corned beef and cabbage and other hearty foods that toughen the stomach for this soulful celebration.
Good Lunch urges you to kick-off the festivities by ordering a lunch of hearty sausages from Rosamunde Sausage Grill, or the traditional Irish fare of corned beef from Smokin Warehouse Barbeque. Check out what these two restaurants have to offer for your pre-party:
Smokin’ Warehouse Barbeque
- Corned Beef Sandwich (this’ll hit the spot!) – slow cooked and sliced, on a bun with cornbread, comes with choice of side: French fries, baked beans, mac n cheese, steak chili, potato salad, or coleslaw.
- Beef Brisket – slowly smoked and cooked for 10 hours, with house BBQ sauce on the side, comes by the pound.
- Pulled Pork – tender, juicy pork with coleslaw on the side, also comes by the pound, (hope you’re hungry!).
- Beef or Pork Ribs – full rack, comes with house BBQ sauce on the side.
Rosamunde Sausage Grill: All sausages come on a roll with sauerkraut, grilled onions, sweet peppers, and hot peppers on the side, plus your choice of 6 condiments: ketchup, curry ketchup, spicy brown mustard, Dijon mustard, honey wasabi mustard, or garlic pepper mayonnaise. (Even though the sausage is rooted in German culture, it pairs nicely with a beer-drinking holiday like St. Paddy’s Day.)
- Beer Sausage (how fitting) – smoked, spicy pork and beef sausage
- Chicken Cherry Sausage – smoked with cherries
- Andouille Sausage – Cajun smoked spicy pork
- Vegan Smoked Apple Sage, Italian, Kielbasa – for our herbivore friends
- German Potato Salad (the potato is Irish!) – smoked potato salad with vinaigrette and bacon
So pull out your leprechaun costume – or green shirt if you’re not a fairy elf – and hop on the St. Patrick’s Day wagon. Your coworkers will want to dance the Irish jig in salute of the festive food they scarfed down before Saturday’s Irish celebration.
Login to Good Lunch and order from Rosamunde Sausage Grill, or Smokin Warehouse Barbeque, you’ll be thanking your Lucky Charms that you did.
P.S. We work with any budget. Send us your budget and event information and we send you our recommendations.