Good Morning Good Lunchers,
Pie. The word conjures warm, comforting, and happy memories, like soup on a rainy day. Its warm flaky crust and delectable fillings is enough to make your stomach growl. As a child if your mother said you could eat pie for lunch, how happy would you have been?! Well, Good Lunch is giving you permission; you may eat pie for lunch!
Good Lunch is proud to introduce our newest restaurant addition, Peasant Pies. Peasant Pies finds its origins in the South of France where small savory pies are a specialty of the region. Oh the French, they know how to do food right. French trained chef and founders Gerard Buulong and his partner Ali Keshavarz found inspiration in Southern France’s regional favorite and decided to bring the authentic flavors of Southern France to San Francisco with a mélange of their culinary expertise and creative flair. And voila, you have Peasant Pies!
Peasant Pies offers scrumptious, palm-sized savory and sweet pies. Both are hand-made fresh every morning. Savory pies are filled with fresh vegetables, poultry, or seafood and then baked to a golden crust. Sweet pies are filled with fresh fruit then baked to a golden crust. They’re flavorful, filling, and fun to eat. Here is a little taste of what they offer:
- Basque Beef & Potato – ground beef sautéed with onion and spices, simmered with homemade tomato sauce, mushrooms and roasted potatoes
- Garbanzo Bean Curry – garbanzo beans, tomatoes, onions, curry and other spices
- Spinach & Feta Cheese – fresh steamed spinach mixed with Monterey Jack cheese, feta cheese and beaten eggs
- Chocolate Flan – delicate pastry crust filled with cream, egg, sugar and bittersweet dark chocolate
- Pear Crumble – delicate pastry crust filled with sliced fresh pear and apple puree, topped with a crumbly mixture of butter, flour, cinnamon and sugar
- Pumpkin Pecan – delicate pastry crust filled with pumpkin puree, ginger, egg and cream, topped with a thin layer of apricot jelly
After tasting these delicious delights you will exclaim in your best French, “C’est magnifique, delicieux, incroyable!” Peasant Pies is perfectly pleasing. So alliteration aside you must try these pretty, perfect, pleasant pies.
So login to Good Lunch and order from Peasant Pies today. Or give us a shout and we’ll do the ordering for you.